Sustainable enterprise is the challenge of the future
Our mission is to ensure optimum integration between scientific research, the protection of biodiversity, wellbeing in our day-to-day lives and the safeguarding of future generations.
As such, over the coming years Bioclin will take concrete action to achieve even more ambitious results in terms of the sustainability and green performance of its products.
Constant product innovation
In the near future, Bioclin is planning to continue to improve the environmental and social impact of its products.
The following criteria will be respected across every product launch and update:
- the environmental impact of the formula will be reduced;
- the formula will have a greater percentage of natural active ingredients;
- the packaging will have a lower environmental impact, incorporating innovative ideas from our suppliers;
- the product will have a more positive social impact.
Reducing environmental impact
It is only possible to reduce our environmental impact through collective action. That’s why Bioclin is committed to reducing its environmental impact to 30%.
- 30% overall reduction in CO₂ emissions from facilities and distribution centres
- 30% reduction in water consumption per finished product unit
- 30% reduction in waste per finished product unit
- 20% reduction in CO₂ emissions deriving from product transport per finished product unit
Protecting the beauty of the planet
We want to make an active contribution to improving the beauty of the planet, which is why we are committed to achieve increasingly ambitious targets.
- We will share the environmental and social profile of all of our products, alongside clear and accessible evaluation tools.
- We will regularly publish the progress our products have achieved in terms of their environmental and social impact.
- We will invite consumers to give advice and take part in company environmental sustainability initiatives.
Choosing the right suppliers
We have adopted a sustainability process that will involve our suppliers over the coming years.
- All key suppliers will have to complete a self-assessment on their sustainability policy, with our support.
- All key suppliers will be assessed and selected base on social and environmental performance indicators.
- All suppliers will have access to company training resources to improve their sustainability policies.
- All key suppliers will read and sign that year's Sustainability Report.
Bioclin is renewing its commitment to support associations and charities operating in the fields of research, the environment, the arts and sustainability.
We still strive to achieve our aims through specific initiatives, such as:
- Ganassini Social Responsibility contest;
- Fundraising events;
- Strategic activities to support charities;
- Tutoring and teaching in local communities;
- Engagement with and integration of the disabled and disadvantaged social/ethnic groups.
Applying the Sustainable Development Goals
The 193 Member States of the UN have signed up to the 2030 Agenda, a joint sustainable development plan which must be achieved within 15 years. It is split into 17 aims known as Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), whose objective is to contribute to the sustainable development and wellbeing of people and the planet.
Bioclin has chosen to respond to the call to arms by incorporating the goals into its company strategy. The results of this can be seen in our Sustainability Report, which can be consulted here.
We have adopted the following SDGs:
- To eliminate poverty
- To fight world hunger
- To promote gender equality
- To use water in a sustainable manner
- To use green energy
- To promote ethical, sustainable business growth
- To fight inequalities between countries
- To consume and produce in a responsible manner
- To fight climate change
- To protect seas and oceans
- To protect the land ecosystem
Reaching the zero-food impact target
By 2050, the global population will have risen to 9.2 billion, requiring us to produce 60% more food than we do now. To make matters worse, we currently waste 1.3 billion tonnes of food every year (source: FAO, 2015), while one-third* of everything harvested is used for purposes other than food (biofuels, bioplastics, etc.)
This is why Bioclin is taking on a huge new challenge: to offer cosmetics that use 100% natural materials which have no negative impact on food production in the communities of origin.
The Bioclin forest in collaboration with Treedom
As a sustainable dermocosmetics brand, Bioclin has put down deep roots: working with Treedom, whose philosophy is to support agroforestry projects which deliver environmental and social benefits, we have created the first forest funded entirely by Bioclin.
Over 100 fruit trees have been planted in Kenya, increasing food production and delivering tangible benefits for growers and the local eco-system.
But that’s not all. The Bioclin forest also helps to tackle soil erosion and desertification, as well as absorbing a total of 462.25 kg of CO₂.
Where we are
Istituto Ganassini S.p.A.
di Ricerche Biochimiche
Via P. Gaggia, 16
Tel. +39 02 535 7041
SignUp our newsletter
To be updated on news and promotions.